As I bumped into these beetroot buns in the store, the first thought that popped into my head was: why not use them as burger buns instead of salad/pita buns? Of course I couldn’t resist putting them in my shopping bag because WHO DOESN’T WANT A PINK BURGER, right? 1 hour later, there it was.. the perfect portobello – angus – beetroot burger.
Burger + Side
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 boiled egg
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1 handful of spinach
- 2 beetroot buns https://www.ah.nl/producten/product/wi451167/ah-groentebroodjes-biet
- 2 angus burgers ( if you want a healthier alternative, you can replace the meat by goatcheese
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- Touch of truffle (I use truffle mayonaise)
recipe for 2!
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tsp mayonaise
- 1 small tsp siracha sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
1. Grab yourself a glass and fill it up with a delicious red wine. The cooking will become so much nicer.
Okay, now we really start 🙂
1. Grab an oven dish and bake your portobello burgers on 180°C for 15 minutes. The last 5 minutes you can add your red beet buns to bake. Don’t forget to add TWO (because why only 1?) slices of cheddar cheese on your portobello burgers during the last minute.
2. Peel and slice your sweet potato into fries and season them with some oregano, thyme, basil and salt. Don’t be greedy! Heat up quite some (coconut/olive)oil in your pan and bake them on a medium fire until they’re crispy but soft on the inside. Tasting is key!
3. Boil an egg 🙂 7 minutes should do. Afterwards slice it up.
4. Slice up your onion and bake it together with your zucchini in another pan (with some coconut oil). Add some pepper and salt to taste.
5. Bake your Angus burgers. Please don’t bake them too long! Such a shame! If you want to keep it vegan or just a little healthier you can try to replace this step with some goat cheese. It goes very well with the portobello mushrooms.
6. Mix up your spicy mayo.
7. Start adding all the baked/cooked ingredients to your beetroot buns. Leave out the fries 🙂 On top, add some spinach and trufflemayo (or another sauce?).
Ta-daaaa! The perfect burger! Enjoy!
Lots of kisses x